RI Society of CPAs/RI Business Forum
The Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accountants and RI Business Forum is one of the largest membership organizations in the state with more than 2,200 CPAs, financial and legal professionals, business and industry leaders, government, education and more through our CPA membership and Affiliate Member programs. Our members enjoy access to exclusive programs, services and benefits while receiving unprecedented advocacy supporting pro-business initiatives and taking a stand against issues that don't support economic growth.
The Society works to develop and maintain high professional standards and offers a wide array of legislative, technical support and referral services to its members. Join the RISCPA
A key component to RISCPA’s overall mission, we advocate on behalf of our members to take a stand on matters that impact them and give them a voice on the Hill. New for 2020: Our members need to stay updated on the latest happenings, so we've launched a new section on our expanded website, "Hill Review", devoted to legislative updates and the latest happening with the RI Business Coalition. The RISCPA PAC allows us continue to give all our members a voice. We're recognized for both local and national advocacy; our strong collaboration with the AICPA and state societies continues to support our members. Visit Advocacy Page
Good networking and relationship building are key skills common to all successful business people. Networking through RISCPA allows members to further their professional development by learning from peers with similar interest — facing similar challenges — and imparting effective solutions. Here at RISCPA we offer a number of ways for members to network.
- January Networking Event – our “Premier Networking Event” draws almost 1000 CPAs, industry and business leaders, financial and legal professionals and state leaders from the New England region
- Fall Networking Event – This event draws over 400 CPAs, Financial Professionals, Attorneys, Professionals, accounting students and political figures.
- Annual Meeting and Recognition Reception - is a special night for the newly certified CPAs, scholarship recipients and new Board of Directors as well as our In-coming Chairperson. The event has an average attendance of 200 Society members, family members and co-workers of the honorees. It is a special evening for RISCPAs leadership, newest professional members and future members of the Society. The event is held late April.
- Annual Charitable Golf Tournament – Held in July and this tournament sells out fast! This event has donated more than $200,000 to local charities.
Join a Committee of Interest
RISCPA has 17 special interest committee’s that are available to members to join. By participating you would have the opportunity to provide your input to events and community involvement as well as collaboration between peers with the same interests. Please visit committee pages to learn more about each one.
Attend one of our Continuing Education Seminars
Great opportunity to network and meet like-minded individuals that could be in similar situations as you. Visit our seminar page.
RISCPA offers about sixty (60) live, in-person seminars each year. Our CPE programs are available at a discount to members. Attending live/in-person seminars offers great benefits:
Online CPE Tracker
Tracks your CPE credits on our website, every seminar you take with RISCPA automatically populates your CPE Tracker, and you can also add your own self-study and other seminars.
Significant Discounts on CPA Exam Review Courses through Becker CPA Review
- Significant Discounts on CPA Exam Review Courses through Becker CPA Review
- Complimentary Job listings for members and their firms
- Upload your resume to our career page.
Paychex – Paychex, Inc. (NASDAQ: PAYX) is a leading provider payroll services. Paychex is a proud to be a preferred provider of payroll services for the RISCPA.
- RISCPA members are eligible for unique benefits for their firm, as well as discounts to refer to clients.
- RISCPA member firms enjoy free integrated payroll processing (up to 50 employees) upon subscribing to our CPA Member Program. Encourage your clients, and your own firm, to visit us online or contact a local Paychex branch.
Free IT Consulting Offer for RISCPA Members
In partnership with RISCPA, NetCenergy is offering any RISCPA member free IT consulting time on an appointment basis. It's easy, just call their help-line and describe your issue. A help desk technician will schedule a mutually convenient appointment with the appropriate consulting resource. If any installation or configuration services are required, those services will be conducted at a reduced rate with Net 180-day terms.
Even with the July 15 extension, this can be a stressful time for the accounting profession. Having professional resources available to handle a technology question at no cost can hopefully reduce some of the stress and keep your systems secure and operational. Our 35 person team of technical professionals are all working and available to assist.
We are proud to support the systems at the RISCPA business office and happy to help their members during this challenging time.
To schedule a free phone call, contact our help desk at 401-921-3100, ext. 2 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted within one business hour.
Meeting Room Facilities
- The RI Society of CPAs/TD Bank Educational Center is conveniently located in Cranston, RI accessible from I295 and I95.
- The facility offers a 50-person conference room available for your training and meeting needs.
- Ample FREE parking and wireless internet access.
- Rental Fee: $500/Day
- Please call the society office at 401-331-5720 for more information and member discounts.