2023 RISCPA Premier Networking Event
RISCPA/RI Business Forum along with Grand Admirals Ernie Almonte and William Pirolli, CPA, CFF, PFS, CGMA & RISCPA President/CEO Melissa Travis hosted over 500 State & National Leaders, Dignitaries, Industry Partners, CPA & Affiliate Members, and special guests from the AICPA & NASBA for our largest ever 2023 Premier Networking Event held at Bally's Twin River. This event marked the first time any state hosted a record number of AICPA, NASBA, & national financial leaders under one roof. Special thanks to Governor Daniel McKee, Speaker of the House, Joe Shekarchi, Senate President, Dominick J. Ruggerio, Secretary of State, Gregg Amore, Director of Administration, James Thorsen, Secretary of Housing, Stefan Pryor, House Majority Leader, Christopher Blazejewski and Representatives Robert Phillips, Carol Hagan McEntee, Esq., Joseph Solomon Jr., Stephen Casey, Senator Elaine Morgan and other dignitaries, RISCPA/RI Business Forum members, and Industry leaders.
National guests included:
- Anoop N. Mehta, CPA, CGMA, AICPA Chair
- Okorie Ramsey, CPA, CGMA, PMP, NACD.DC, Vice President, Sarbanes/Oxley, Kaiser Permanente, AICPA Chair-Elect
- Carla McCall, CPA, CGMA, Managing Partner, AAFCPAs, AICPA Vice Chair-Elect
- Tracey Golden, CPA, Partner (Retired), Deloitte, AICPA Past Chair
- Kimberly N. Ellison-Taylor, CPA, CGMA, CEO, KET Solutions LLC, AICPA Past Chair
- William E. "Bill" Balhoff, CPA, CFE, CFF, CGMA, Director, Postlethwaite & Netterville, AICPA Past Chair
- Ken L. Bishop, President & CEO, NASBA
- RISCPA/RI Business Forum Board of Directors, led by Chair, Dan Bonnette, Partner, RSM.
This event would not be possible without the support of our wonderful sponsors:
- RSM US
- Navigant Credit Union
- Eastern Insurance Group LLC
- Massey And Associates, Inc.
- WithumSmith+Brown, PC
- Duffy & Sweeney, LTD
- Washington Trust Wealth Management
- Marcum LLP
- DiSanto, Priest & Co.
- Strategic Retirement Partners
- Rhode Island Foundation
- Anthem Business Software
- Feeney Foster & Cavanagh, & more!
To view the full photo gallery, please CLICK HERE
NEW! State of Rhode Island Executive Summary: A Quote from Governor Daniel J. McKee on his Economic Leadership Initiatives: Read More
Governor McKee Kicks Off #RIReady Budget Tour at East Providence Small Business: Governor McKee’s #RIReady Budget Includes an Additional $2.6M Small Businesses Can Access Capital: Press Release
RISCPA Firms in the News
NEW! DiSanto, Priest & Co. is pleased to announce the promotion of three new partners; Bernadette Dion, John J. Rainone, and Garrett T. Stenhouse: Press Release
NEW! KLR is please to announce 6 new Partners: Jessica Ashley, Jamie Hansen, Deb Pallasch, Jade Toher, Joseph Tamburo and Erin Washburn: Press Release
RISCPA Members in the News
NEW! RISCPA Member, James Matzdorff, Promoted to Partner/Principal, CohnReznick: Press Release
The RI Society of CPAs has opened its scholarship application process for the upcoming year!
- Carl W. Christiansen Scholarship
- Cheryl A. Ruggiero Scholarship
- KLR/Brian A. Altomari Memorial Fund Scholarship
"Mondays With Mark" CLICK HERE Every Monday at 11:00 AM
NEW! ADV 2023-04: Annual Sales Tax Reconciliations Due: Deadline is January 31
NEW! Key points to keep in mind when filing 2022 tax returns: IR-2023-17
IRS News Releases for Current Month: Click Here
Meet RI Secretary of State, Gregg M. Amore
"From making it easier to start a business, to protecting our state’s historic treasures, to finding your polling place - I want the Rhode Island Department of State to be a resource for you." READ MORE
RIPEC NEWSLETTER January 2023 Edition - As the 2023 General Assembly session begins, RIPEC brings you an update on public policy in the Ocean State
Request for Proposal: RI Rebounds Ventilation Support Program: The Rhode Island Commerce Corporation seeks proposals from eligible proposers, as identified herein to
receive funding under the Ventilation Support Program (“Ventilation Initiative”), a statewide effort designed to assist small businesses who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic to enhance their ventilation systems, thereby reducing the risk of transmitting COVID-19.
Workplace Accessibility Grant Program: The Workplace Accessibility Grant Program promotes employment and economic opportunity for individuals with disabilities through investment in accessible workplaces. It provides a 100% reimbursement for eligible costs up to $5,000 per calendar year. All Rhode Island employers with fewer than twenty-five (25) employees and who meet the eligibility requirements outlined in the program guide may apply.
The New England Council - 2022 Year in Review
The House meets 1/31 at 4:00 PM
The Senate meets at 1/31 at 4:00 PM
Small Business Workshops - In partnership with: Dedham Savings, MA Small Business Development Center, and SCORE
This Way to CPA:
Chartered Global Management Accountant: CGMA is the most widely held management accounting designation in the world with more than 137,000 designees. It was established in 2012 by the AICPA and CIMA to recognize a unique group of management accountants who have reached the highest benchmark of quality and competence. How to Earn the CGMA Designation.
All AICPA Advisory Credentials: Tip Sheet
Employer Student Loan Repayment Assistance Program: Now a tax free benefit through 2025! More Information
Rhode Island Small Business Development Center is hosting a series of free events to help small businesses with their business and marketing needs. For more information, please CLICK HERE
COVID-19 Rhode Island Stats (as of 2/2/2023)
- New cases per 100,000, last week: 130.4
- New cases among RI residents last week: 1,378
- Number of tests reported in RI last week: 13,402
- Number of Fatalities among RI residents last week: 12
- Total Fatalities: 3,833
- People hospitalized last week: 127
VACCINE ADMINISTRATION: (Last Update: 1/27/2023)
- RI residents who have completed the primary vaccine series as reported by the CDC: 927,799
- Bivalent Booster Dose: 252,083