RISCPA/RI Business Forum News Release September 23, 2021
The AICPA and NASBA are continuing outreach to students and educators on CPA Evolution with two quick surveys in the field.
Students: Your feedback is valuable: The AICPA and NASBA are looking for your feedback on upcoming changes to CPA licensure. If you’re a current student or recent graduate, please take this short survey. Responses from students with diverse backgrounds are particularly valuable, and all feedback will help to continue to evolve CPA licensure. Please respond to the SURVEY by September 30.
Accounting educators: Your input will help shape future resources: The CPA Evolution transition is on the horizon, and the AICPA and NASBA are preparing college accounting programs all along the way. To help gather feedback on the CPA Evolution Model Curriculum and to continue to provide you the resources you need, please take this short SURVEY by October 8.
CPA Evolution Resource Competition
What’s your idea for teaching the next generation of CPAs? The AICPA is calling on accounting faculty to enter its CPA Evolution Resource Competition (CERC) for a chance to win up to $1,500 and inspire future CPAs. Do you have a great original idea for a long or short instructional exercise aligned with CPA Evolution Model Curriculum (CPA EMC)? If so, it’s time to SHARE YOUR INNOVATION
NEW! IRS launches new webpage to assist taxpayers with refunds subject to Joint Committee on Taxation review: IR-2021-192
State of Rhode Island Revenue Brief- Special Report on Preliminary FY2021 Revenues: Office of Revenue Analysis
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to register.
NEW! The RI Society of CPAs and AICPA seek Volunteers for CPA Exam Research: Do you supervise newly licensed CPAs?.
- Share your knowledge and expertise during a critical phase of the CPA Exam research. RISCPA is working with the AICPA to recruit volunteers to review the proposed Core and Discipline section content for a new CPA Exam Blueprint to be published next year. To participate, complete this volunteer eligibility survey by Friday, October 15.
- This is a great way for practitioners to help shape the future of the CPA Exam and keep it aligned with the needs of the profession. Thank you for your consideration!
Rhode Island Small Business Development Center is hosting a series of free events to help small businesses with their business and marketing needs. For more information, please CLICK HERE
COVID-19 Rhode Island Stats (as of 09/23/2021)
- Total number of cases: 170,009
- New cases: 282
- People hospitalized: 137
- Total Fatalities: 2,818
- Total number of tests: 5,174,054
- Positivity rate: 1.5%
NEW! VACCINE ADMINISTRATION:
- People who received 1 dose: 773,480
- People who received 2 doses (fully vaccinated): 708,011