RISCPA/RI BUSINESS FORUM NEWS RELEASE August 26, 2021
Do your part by reaching out to your congressional representatives requesting Congressional action to allow for the wages of a business owner to qualify for ERC (Employee Retention Credit).
Representative Bergman's letter demanding immediate action to change this misguided rule.
NEW! IRS provides relief for certain employers claiming the Work Opportunity Tax Credit: Notice 2021-43
NEW! Rhode Island tax obligations for LLCs: What you need to know, in summary: Notice 2021-07, August 24, 2021
NEW! Entity filing requirements for C corporation, S corporation, LLC, Partnership, etc: Notice 2021-08, August 24, 2021
- FDA Grants Full Approval to Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine in People 16+. Governor Dan McKee and the RI Dept of Health are urging all eligible Rhodes Islander who have not been vaccinated yet to get vaccinated today. Press Release
- Governor McKee Announces Indoor K-12 Msk Requirement for Beginning of 2021-2022 School Year. Press Release
• The Robert M. Goodrich Distinguished Public Service Award will recognize an outstanding local employee
• The Gary S. Sasse Distinguished Public Service Award will recognize an outstanding state employee.
Rhode Island Small Business Development Center is hosting a series of free events to help small businesses with their business and marketing needs. For more information, please CLICK HERE
COVID-19 Rhode Island Stats (as of 08/26/2021)
- Total number of cases: 161,303
- New cases: 316
- People hospitalized: 123
- Total Fatalities: 2,762
- Total number of tests: 4,816,001
- Positivity rate: 2.4%
NEW! VACCINE ADMINISTRATION:
- People who received 1 dose: 745,713
- People who received 2 doses (fully vaccinated): 680,559