RISCPA/RI BUSINESS FORUM NEWS RELEASE OCTOBER 22, 2020
NEWS AND UPDATES:
- Governor Raimondo announced the state will receive 300,000 Abbott BinaxNOW test kits before the end of the year. The Governor reported (in consultation with the RI Testing Taskforce and Advisory Group) the rapid tests, which provide results in 15 minutes, will be deployed in three areas: K-12 systems, community health center (focused on high-density communities) and colleges and universities in the state. Trump Administration announcement: Trump Administration Deploys Abbott BinaxNOW Tests to States Rapid point-of-care tests will support Governors’ reopening efforts. News Release
- Governor Raimondo announced a continued increase in the number of positive cases and stated, “cases are not where we want to be”; the state is reporting a positivity rate approaching 3%. The governor urged everyone – even asymptomatic individuals to visit portal.ri.gov to sign up to be tested. The Governor said, “go get tested” – testing is FREE!
- Governor Raimondo announced a new initiative, a Virtual Career Center through Back to Work https://www.backtoworkri.com/ to help unemployed and help match individuals with available jobs, career coach and recruiters.
- Governor Raimondo and RI Commerce Corporation announced the RESTORE RI Program will be expanded with businesses eligible for grants Up to $30K (double the original grant sizes). Applicants who have already received grants with expenses not covered under their original grant application will be eligible to request additional funding under a streamlined process.
- Rhode Island Commerce will be holding an information session
- Read the Full Release
- Rhode Island Commerce announced they will begin accepting applications for Business Adaptation grants. Businesses can apply for competitive grants of up to $50,000 to adapt their business. The program is being funded through the state’s Coronavirus Relief fund -it is capped at $1.8M.
- RI Business Forum partners RISCPA and RIMA announced a first of its kind partnership and ancillary benefits platform to serve members and partners. RISCPA and RIMA also announced the release of an Employer Bill of Rights and Broker Pledge – The partners announced details and launch date will be released soon.
- Phase 3 Extended through October 28th: https://www.reopeningri.com/
U.S. SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION ANNOUNCES PPP FORGIVENESS UPDATES – FAQ's
REOPENING OF RHODE ISLAND'S PUBLIC SCHOOLS IS UNEVEN ACROSS DISTRICTS RAISING TROUBLING EQUITY ISSUES: Press Release
Please join The New England Council for Opportunities with Federal Trade Agencies. A virtual conversation with leaders from Ex-Im Bank, SBA, Department of Commerce, and DFC. October 30, 10am - 11am. CLICK HERE for more information and to register.
NASBA BOARD OF DIRECTORS APPROVES AMENDEMENTS TO THE UNIFORM ACCOUNTANCY ACT MODEL RULES: Read More
All proceeds to benefit Meals on Wheels of Rhode Island.
RISCPA/RI BUSINESS FORUM ANNOUNCES PARTNERSHIP WITH LT. GOVERNOR DAN MCKEE - OPERATION HOLIDAY CHEER SUPPORTING RHODE ISLAND MILITARY RELIEF FUND
Jonathan L. Ucran, CPA, LLC announces acquisition and name change: News Release
CALL FOR BILINGUAL OR SPANISH-SPEAKING VOLUNTEERS!!!
Social Enterprise Greenhouse (SEG) is recruiting bilingual or Spanish-speaking volunteers to help social entrepreneurs starting businesses with learning financial management, reading and tracking financial metrics and setting up for-profit and non-profit financial systems.
For more information call 401-272-2558
Rhode Island Small Business Development Center is hosting a series of free events to help small businesses with their business and marketing needs. For more information, please CLICK HERE
RISCPA GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS – House and Senate are in recess this week
All Division Advisories are available here: http://www.tax.ri.gov/Advisory/index.php
COVID-19 Rhode Island Stats (10/22/2020)
- Total number of cases: 29,594
- New cases: 398
- People hospitalized: 140
- Total Number of Deaths: 1,173
- Total number of tests: 1,015,720
- Positivity rate: 2.7%
- Governor Raimondo announced up to $5M has been earmarked for the “Take it Outside” campaign to help businesses move operations and activities outdoors. Funds are available through multiple organizations in the state. For more information: https://reopeningri.com/take-it-outside.