RISCPA/RI BUSINESS FORUM NEWS RELEASE OCTOBER 15, 2020
NEWS AND UPDATES:
- Governor Raimondo announced new regulations today due after the state has seen a concerning trend in key COVID-19 metrics like new cases and hospital admissions. Effective immediately, she has ordered workplace break rooms closed for 90 days as contract tracing has indicated that small break rooms without windows have contributed to increases. The Governor indicated the virus was being spread mainly through intimate, unmasked gatherings but acknowledged limited control over private home gatherings she cannot police because they are inside private homes.
- Governor Raimondo and RI Commerce Corporation announced a major expansion to the RESTORE RI Program, with businesses eligible for grants Up to $30K (double the original grant sizes). Applicants who have already received Restore grants and have expenses not covered under their original grant application will be eligible to request additional funding under a streamlined process.
- Rhode Island Commerce will be holding an information session on these changes on Tuesday, October 20 at 10:30 am
- Read the full release: PRESS RELEASE
- Rhode Island Commerce also announced beginning next week, Commerce will begin accepting applications for Business Adaptation grants. Businesses can apply for competitive grants of up to $50,000 to adapt their business. The program is being funded through the state’s Coronavirus Relief fund -it is capped at $1.8M.
- Grant application: CLICK HERE
- The Administration also announced a new partnership with the Rhode Island Foundation to Assist Non-Profits
- Information on all these changes will be available soon; Rhode Island Commerce staff will be holding information sessions and Zoom office hours to answer questions directly from businesses. To learn more: CLICK HERE
- Phase 3 Extended through October 28th: https://www.reopeningri.com/
U.S. SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION ANNOUNCES PPP FORGIVENESS UPDATES – FAQ’s: CLICK HERE
MEET RISCPA’s CHAIR – MARIANNE CASERTA
STATE OF THE ECONOMY BY MassBenchmarks: BULLETIN
RISCPA’s 29th Annual Golf Tournament was a huge success!!
Congratulations to RISCPA's Golf Outing Winners!
RISCPA/RI BUSINESS FORUM ANNOUNCES PARTNERSHIP WITH LT. GOVERNOR DAN MCKEE
OPERATION HOLIDAY CHEER SUPPORTING RHODE ISLAND MILITARY RELIEF FUND
- Letter from RI Lieutenant Governor, Dan McKee
- Operation Holiday Cheer
- About the RI Military Family Relief Fund
CALL FOR BILINGUAL OR SPANISH-SPEAKING VOLUNTEERS!!!
Social Enterprise Greenhouse (SEG) a non-profit organization in Providence, RI is recruiting bilingual or Spanish-speaking volunteers to help social entrepreneurs starting businesses with learning financial management, reading and tracking financial metrics and setting up for-profit and non-profit financial systems. For more information call 401-272-2558
Rhode Island Small Business Development Center is hosting a series of free events to help small businesses with their business and marketing needs. For more information, please Click Here
RISCPA GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS – House and Senate are in recess this week
All Division Advisories are available HERE
Congratulations to Rhode Island College Concert Chorus on historic Grammy Consideration!
News Release - The Recording Academy has placed the Rhode Island College Concert Chorus on the official ballot of this year's Grammy Awards for their virtual performance of "When I Think of You” in two categories: Best Pop Duo or Group Performance and Best Music Video. This is the first Grammy consideration for a music performance group at RIC in the college's history. Congratulations all!
COVID-19 Rhode Island Stats:
- Total number of cases: 27,438
- New cases: 228
- People hospitalized: 129
- Total Number of Deaths: 1,149
- Total number of tests: 927,1847
- Positivity rate: 1.9%
- Executive Orders extended to October 28th:
- Telemedicine coverage
- Cloth face coverings must be worn in public
- State of Emergency (Disaster declaration)
- Quarantine regulations (includes newly added rules) remain in place
- CLICK HERE for a complete list of Executive Orders.
- Governor Raimondo announced up to $5M has been earmarked for the “Take it Outside” campaign to help businesses move operations and activities outdoors. Funds are available through multiple organizations in the state. For more information: CLICK HERE.
- Rhode Island’s Back to Work RI initiative to train and support Rhode Islanders who have lost jobs as a result of the crisis has partnered with employers including CVS Caremark, Electric Boat, Infosys and more along with key stakeholders and is focused on getting displaced residents back to work. The program, funded through the Federal CARES Act, includes transportation and childcare assistance. For more information, visit: RI DLT website.