The Impact of the Coronavirus on Business Valuation
THE IMPACT OF THE CORONAVIRUS ON BUSINESS VALUATION
RISCPA's Business Valuation Committee Workshop August 12, 2020
John E. Barrett, Jr., CPA, ABV, Barrett Valuation Services, Inc.
Karen S. Rice, CPA, CVA, KLR
Kevin A. Papa, CPA, ABV, Piccerelli, Gilstein & Company, LLP
- When was the virus' s impact on value known or knowable?
- New AICPA vs Section 100 Subsequent Event Toolkit.
- Identify key valuation and financial considerations impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Are you changing normalized income?
- Given the pandemic, are certain valuation methods preferred - such as a DCF over a capitalization of earnings?
- Are discount rates and capitalization rates affected?
- Should DLOMS be affected?
- Should the effect of the Cares Act be considered?
- How to value a business as of June 1, 2020?
Back to Events