Financial Statement Fraud: Tools Used to Cook the Books
The course uses case examples and fraud studies by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, and a significant number of real-world examples to give participants’ hands-on experience in identifying and analyzing financial statement fraud.
- Major financial statement fraud schemes used to misstate revenue, inventory, asset overstatements, estimates, other accounts and suspicious journal entries
- Analytical procedures to detect various types of fraud: particular fraud schemes to landmark cases
- Major misappropriation of assets fraud schemes including, among others, skimming, larceny and additional schemes that occur in inventory, payables and other accounts.
- Revenue related fraud: Inventory and Cost of goods sold fraud; Liability, asset and inadequate disclosure frauds
- The 13 Financial Shenanigans with real life examples
- New COSO Internal Control Integrated Framework
- Reducing opportunities for fraud to occur
Understand how financial statement frauds are committed and concealed for years; and how participants can use trend analyses, analytics, and other techniques to promote more rapid fraud detection.
This course is for CPAs in industry or operations, as well as public practice.
The program will benefit chief accountants, controllers, accounting managers, CFOs, VP Finance, business owners, operations managers, Internal auditors, External auditors Chief risk officers and CPA partners.