A Practical Ethics Update for CPAs, 2021 Edition
- Receive a fast-paced overview of ethics standards promulgated by the AICPA, State Societies, and State Board authorities as they apply to CPAs in public practice and industry.
- Use case studies and group discussion to examine the connections between ethics principles, formal rules, and the profession’s public responsibility.
- Understand how the new ethics codification and the conceptual framework for resolving ethical conflicts will alter current practice.
- Honesty, trust and the accounting profession
- The structure of the ethics rules and the enforcement and disciplinary process.
- The public interest and professional ethics – When and why conflicts exist
- Morality and integrity, from individual, group & corporate perspectives
- The Threats and Safeguards Approach to resolving ethical dilemmas
- Using AICPA’s restructured Ethics Code
- Recent ethics rules and enforcement actions
- To provide CPAs with an update of their ethical responsibilities under AICPA and state-based regulations. Case studies and practical examples will be used extensively.
- Accountants in who need an overview of the ethics requirements that govern the professional services they provide to clients or employers.