The Bottom Line on the New Lease Accounting Requirements
• Lease classification
• Amortization of the lease asset
• Derecognition of the underlying asset
• Recognition of lease receivables
This course is intended to familiarize the learner with the key aspects of the new
leases standard, FASB ASC 842. When you complete this course you will be able
• Recognize arrangements which meet the scope requirements for
lease accounting under FASB ASC 842.
• Recognize lessee accounting requirements for operating leases and
finance leases under FASB ASC 842.
• Recognize lessor accounting requirements for sales-type, direct
financing and operating leases under FASB ASC 842.
• Recognize presentation requirements for lessees and lessors under
FASB ASC 842.
• Recognize business factors to consider when implementing FASB
Experience in application of