Audits of Employee Benefit Plans Subject to ERISA
• GAAP vs. ERISA reporting requirements
• Audit planning
• Risk assessment, including consideration of internal control
• Auditing the statement of net assets available for benefits
• Auditing the statement of changes in net assets available for benefits
• Other auditing considerations, including prohibited transactions and
• The auditor's report
• Financial statement disclosures
• Supplemental schedules
When you complete this course you will be able to:
• Recognize accounting and auditing requirements for a compliant
audit of defined contribution plans.
• Identify appropriate audit procedures to plan, perform and report on
401(k) financial statements.
• Recognize new auditing, accounting and regulatory developments
impacting EBP audits, including SAS No. 136.
considering the addition of EBP
audits as a service offering, and
accountants and finance
professionals in business and
industry responsible for