Preventing, Detecting, and Investigating Identity Theft
Protect yourself and your clients from identity theft, which includes the theft of personal and professional identities. No one is immune from this rising tide of criminal misconduct and as your clients seek your advice, you will be required to perform due diligence in protecting their IDs. Some will even be tasked with investigating the crime. This course addresses the needs of each.
As the instances of identity theft and data breaches continue, people are clamoring for ways to detect identity theft, protect themselves from becoming a victim, and investigating instances of theft when they strike. Don't allow you or your client to become the next victim! If you have clients who are victims of identity theft, learn how to be an advocate for them and where to report the theft in order to assist them in recovering from this crime.
- Identity theft statistics
- Types of identity theft
- Obtaining the victim's information
- Tools used in identity theft investigations
- Finding identifying information on the Internet
- Investigating identity theft
- Detecting and preventing identity theft
- Reporting identity theft once it has occurred
- Identify the various means used to commit identity theft and how thieves obtain the information necessary to commit these crimes.
- Recognize how to protect personal and professional identities from identity theft.
- Identify how to investigate a case of identity theft, and the steps involved in such investigation.
- Recall keys to success when teaching clients how to implement policies and procedures to protect their identities.
Basic knowledge of fraud and related investigations
Special Note: A laptop computer, tablet, iPad, smart-phone, or other means of connecting to the Internet is required during this course.