A Practical Ethics Update for CPAs 2019 Edition
- Receive a fast-paced overview of ethics standards promulgated by the AICPA, State Societies, and State Board authorities as they apply to CPAs in public practice and industry.
- Use case studies and group discussion to examine the connections between ethics principles, formal rules, and the profession’s public responsibility.
- Understand how the new ethics codification and the conceptual framework for resolving ethical conflicts will alter current practice.
- Receive up-to-the-minute coverage of evolving issues such as conflicts of interest, comfort letters, and recent revisions to the Ethics Code
This Course Will Highlight:
- The structure of the ethics rules and the enforcement and disciplinary process.
- The public interest and professional ethics – When and why conflicts exist
- How globalization, technology and regulatory change are affecting ethics
- Recent ET guidance: Pressure in Financial Reporting
- The Threats and Safeguards Approach to resolving pressures in ethical dilemmas
- Ethical dimensions of financial reporting in closely held firms
- Using AICPA’s restructured Ethics Code
- Recent ethics rules and interpretations: Information Services and Independence,
To provide CPAs with an update of their ethical responsibilities under AICPA and state-based regulations. Case studies and practical examples will be used extensively.
COURSE DEVELOPER & AUTHOR
Dr. Ray Thompson, CMA, CBA
Accountants in who need an overview of the ethics requirements that govern the professional services they provide to clients or employers.
Back to Course Catalog