Tap Into the Power of Excel Tables and Pivot Tables
Introduced to Excel in the 2007 version, Tables will transform how you work with data in Excel. With their special functionality of auto expansion, formula replication and simplified means of writing formulas known as Structured Referencing Tables will enhance the way you work with large volumes of data. Tables serve as dynamic data sources for PivotTables and charts.
PivotTables are the most powerful feature of Excel, yet few accountants use them in their day-to-day activities.
In this course you will learn about the little-known, yet powerful, Microsoft Excel PivotTable feature, which organizes, summarizes, and analyzes your data to reveal its meanings.
Learn how to use powerful Tables and Pivot Tables to:
- Quickly summarize large amounts of data
- Find relationships and groupings within your data
- Find data trends using various time periods
- Organize your data into a format that is easy to chart
- Understanding the power of the Excel Tables
- Summarizing data and making calculations on data stored in Tables
- Using Tables as data sources for PivotTables and Charts
- Drag-and-drop pivoting, group and ungrouping, and drilling down to underlying details
- Making calculations in PivotTables using calculated fields, calculated items, and field settings
- PivotTable tips and tricks
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe Excel's Table feature including how to create Tables in Excel 2007 and newer
- Describe how to sort and filter data and create formulas in Tables using Structured References
- Use Tables as automatic re-sizing data sources for other objects, including PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Identify and define the main elements of a PivotTable report and describe how they are used when creating PivotTables
- Describe how to Rearrange PivotTable Fields and Refresh PivotTable Data and Group and Ungroup Data in PivotTables
- Explain how to Change the Numeric Format of PivotTable Data, Choose Report Layout Options, and Format PivotTables
- Describe how to make calculations in PivotTables using techniques such as Calculated Items, Field Settings, Calculated Fields, Modifying Show Data As options, and New Percentage Options
- Describe how to analyze data in PivotTables using tools and techniques such as Sorting, Filtering, Displaying Totals and working with PivotCharts
Please bring your laptop and power cord!
Accounting and financial professionals who want to improve their use of Excel to easily analyze and summarize data.