Become an Excel Formula Expert
Excel‘s Formulas and Functions are the heart and soul of a spreadsheet. With Excel’s formulas you can turn a spreadsheet into a powerful calculator. As an Excel user, you know that the software has unlimited capabilities for making your job easier and less stressful. Excel has more than 300 functions and 12 function categories to offer. But learning the countless formulas and functions available to you can be a daunting task.
This class will explore and demystify some of Excel’s most useful functions for accounting and finance professionals and show you how to put them to their best use. Included is a review of best-formula building practices and new functions introduced in Excel 2016.
After this training class you’ll be amazed at how this powerful program can work for you!
Sponsored by Navigant CU
- Understanding best formula building practices
- Tabulating information using Excel's new power functions, SUMIFS, COUNTIFS and AVERAGEIFS
- Locating and extracting data with Text functions
- Finding values with Statistical functions
- Creating calculations dependent on a condition or conditions
- Using Lookup and Reference functions to retrieve information
- Calculating with Date functions
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Perform advanced searching & data retrieval with LOOKUP, INDEX & MATCH functions
- Reformat data with the TEXT functions
- Use DATE functions in calculations and data analysis
- Calculate & summarizing data with SUMIF and SUBTOTAL functions
- Test conditions with the LOGICAL functions (IF, AND, OR, NOT)
- Use ERROR checking functions
- Learn the art of nesting formulas and troubleshooting complex formulas
Working Knowledge of Excel
<?xml:namespace prefix="o" />
Accounting and financial professionals who work with Excel and want to take advantage of Excel’s powerful Formulas and Functions.
Back to Course Catalog