Date Posted: March 9, 2023
Return to Job Postings
- Senior Accountant
- Brown Medicine
- 110 Elm Street, 2nd Floor
Providence, RI 02903
Under the general supervision and direction of the Finance Director, perform a variety of accounting duties to support the Finance Department of the organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Consistently applies the Brown Medicine values of patient care priority, dignity, collaboration, integrity and quality in support of the mission to deliver compassionate, high-quality patient care, research excellence and outstanding physician education. Is responsible for knowing and acting in accordance with the Compliance Program and Code of Conduct.
Consistently practices the Customer Service Standards.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end journal entries. Ensure that all account activity has been recorded, corrections made, adjustments calculated and closing entries prepared.
• Perform analysis of various accounts, reviewing balances and interpreting trends and/or deviations from standards.
• Monthly close responsibilities include the following: record accruals and monitor prepaids, expense allocations of overheads and Administration, reconciling and recording of patient revenue from eClinicalWorks at physician level.
• Reconciling various balance sheet accounts.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly Profit and Loss statements at the division and physician level.
• Assist in developing annual budgets for various divisions. Analyze budget versus actual variances on a quarterly basis and prepare projections.
• Process/review payroll as needed.
• Handle cash transfers, monitor and report cash balances for numerous cash accounts.
• Prepares schedules and analyses required for annual financial statement audit. Interacts with audit staff to respond to inquiries.
• Develop business plans for various divisions and/or physicians.
• Ad hoc requests as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Strong understanding of GAAP
• Highly detail oriented with strong organizational skills
• Understanding of accounting functions, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll
• Interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with all levels or personnel within and outside of the organization
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, i.e. Excel pivot tables, formulas, vlookups
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
Minimum five years of experience working in accounting.
Experience with Solver BI360 and Microsoft Dynamics SL a plus
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work is performed in a typical office setting requiring extended periods of sitting, standing and walking.
Work is performed under general supervision, with some independent judgment exercised in determining priorities.
- How to Apply:
- Apply online