- Deputy Director of Finance
- City of Central Falls
- 580 Broad Street
Central Falls, RI 02863
- NOTICE: Job Posting- Finance Department
Deputy Director of Finance
One (1) Position
DEPARTMENT: Finance Department
JOB REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
POSITION TYPE: Full-time
COMPENSATION: $65,000.00- $75,000.00, Benefit Package
JOB PURPOSE: As a critical member of the Finance Team for the City of Central Falls, the Manager of Finance/Deputy Director coordinates the planning and management of all ongoing funds management, accounting systems and related reporting. Acts as assistant to the Finance Director and provides oversight or financial reporting, management of cash flow for all funds and ensures compliance with requisite internal controls. This is an opportunity to assist the new Director of Finance analyze department and Muni wide infrastructure needs, develop plans for and implement improvements to achieve a well-functioning infrastructure across not only Finance but also all Muni Departments.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Manager of Finance/Deputy Director provides day to day finance administration, direction and guidance to the Director of Finance. Assists the Finance Director in the following essential functions and responsibilities:
• Adherence to all financial reporting and disclosure requirements in accordance with
Rhode Island General Laws; Rhode Island Department of Muni Finance, Office of the
Auditor General, Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB), Internal Revenue
Service, Municipality’s Charter and Code of Ordinances of the Municipality
• Participates in the planning of and manages the annual financial audit and budget
• Ensures that department operations conform to local, state, and federal government
regulations, and other applicable rules and policies
• Responsible for ensuring reconciliations of all asset, liability and equity accounts are
performed monthly activity for all funds
• Responsible for complete and accurate posting of automated accounting journal posting
activity to all fund ledgers on a daily basis
• Complete annual accruals and depreciation entries for all fixed assets
• Supervision of accounts payable, tax collections and personnel disbursement functions
related to the municipality’s expenditure and payroll control accounts, as well as the
execution of cash transfers to other funds, outside agencies and vendors
• Effective utilization of all automated financial report generation programs and writers
• Implementation of internal controls and processes
• Attends municipality’s Council meetings, administrative staff meetings and other
meetings as needed/required
• Performs other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Ability to work independently with limited direction and instruction within the scope of
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to take initiative while paying close attention to detail and completing all
follow up required
• Must demonstrate accountability
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse population
• Ability to compose effective and grammatically appropriate written communication, such
as policies, emails and letters.
• Must be able to produce accurate documents in an efficient manner
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, Infinite Visions a major PLUS
• Education qualifications required would generally be acquired with a Bachelor's degree in
accounting, finance or some closely related field from an accredited college or university.
• Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired
through five or more years of related experience in a Controller or Finance Manager
• Experience with developing and implementing internal controls and processes preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of the principles of financial accounting, with special emphasis on
• Adaptable work experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- How to Apply:
- Application, Resume and Cover Letter must all be submitted, either in person/mail @ 580 Broad Street, Central Falls, RI 02863 – Human Resources Department OR by e-mail @ Ldias@centralfallsri.us.
Applications can be found on our website @ www.centralfallsri.us under Human
- Human Resources Department
- (401) 727-7405