- Senior Financial/Special Projects Analyst
- City of Central Falls
- 580 Broad Street
Central Falls, RI 02863
- NOTICE: Job Posting
Senior Financial/Special Projects Analyst
One (1) Position
DEPARTMENT: Finance Department
JOB REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
POSITION TYPE: 20-40 Hrs/wk
COMPENSATION: Hourly Contract, 6-12 months, perm potential
JOB PURPOSE: As a critical member of the Finance Team for the City of Central Falls, the Senior Financial/Special Projects Analyst is primarily responsible for preparing financial plans, analyzing actual results vs. plans, reporting results to internal management and external parties and performing ad hoc financial analyses. A key objective for this role is to help to drive financial results by providing business leaders data driven insights, that facilitate focusing the business on the most impactful areas. This is also an opportunity to assist the new Director of Finance analyze department and Muni wide infrastructure needs, develop plans for and implement improvements to achieve a well-functioning infrastructure across not only Finance but also all Muni Departments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with the preparation of financial budgets and forecasts
• Establish, analyze and track operational and financial metrics
• Identify, develop and implement process improvements
• Provide project/initiative support as needed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or similar; MBA/CPA preferred
• Significant experience required, minimum 5+ years of progressive finance experience
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word
• Experience with data analytics concepts and analysis
• Implementation of internal controls and processes
• Attends municipality’s Council meetings, administrative staff meetings and other meetings as needed/required
• Performs other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Ability to effectively multi-task with competing priorities; make decisions under pressure and work under tight deadlines; delivering accurate, on time, high quality work.
• Ability to work independently with limited direction and instruction within the scope of assignments.
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to take initiative while paying close attention to detail and completing all follow up required
• Must demonstrate accountability
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse population
• Ability to compose effective and grammatically appropriate written communication, such as policies, emails and letters.
• Must be able to produce accurate documents in an efficient manner
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, Infinite Visions a major PLUS
• Education qualifications required would generally be acquired with a Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or some closely related field from an accredited college or university.
• Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through five or more years of related experience in a Controller or Finance Manager position.
• Experience with developing and implementing internal controls and processes preferred.
• Knowledge of the principles of financial accounting, with special emphasis on GASB/Public Accounting.
• Adaptable work experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities highly desirable.
- How to Apply:
- Application, Resume and Cover Letter must all be submitted, either in person/mail @ 580 Broad Street, Central Falls, RI 02863 – Human Resources Department OR by e-mail @ Ldias@centralfallsri.us.
- Human Resources Department
- (401) 727-7405