- Bryant University
- 1150 Douglas Pike
Smithfield, RI 02917
- This position is responsible for performing accounting functions which support the Controller’s Office in effective development and management of financial transactions, and custodianship of assets.
This position reports to the Assistant Controller. To perform the functions of this position, s/he performs responsibilities as assigned by the Assistant Controller as well as the Controller.
Operational Duties: The incumbent, operating within standard accounting principles, prepares, reviews, analyzes and interprets data on a monthly basis for Balance Sheet accounts in preparation for month-end closes. This work includes working with various departments in reconciling balances and monitoring activity as well as preparing journal entries.
Annuities: This position is responsible for tracking annuity activity and properly recording the activity in the general ledger. Monthly reconciliations of the related asset and liability accounts is also required, as well as preparing the annual NY filing.
Pledges: The incumbent is responsible for tracking and maintaining pledge worksheets based on information provided through the Development Office. S/he is responsible for reconciliation and updating of financial records for such pledges.
Month end worksheets and reconciliations: This position is responsible for maintaining various worksheets on a monthly basis, reconciling accounts receivable and refundable advances, running month-end reports and coordinating month end schedules.
Audit and Tax: The incumbent is responsible for preparing audit and tax schedules for their areas of responsibilities and other areas to be assigned. This also includes coordinating cash and legal confirmations, uploading year end files, booking payroll and fringe accruals, and working on the 990 annual tax return schedules.
1. Monthly analysis and reconciliations of Balance Sheet accounts.
2. Track and maintain annuity worksheets and entries.
3. Track and maintain pledge worksheets and reconcile financial records for such pledges.
4. Prepare and reconcile various accounts and worksheets for month end reporting.
5. Work with the Assistant Controller, Controller, outside auditors and tax professionals in various aspects of preparing the year-end financial statements and the Form 990 IRS tax return.
6. Involvement, as necessary, in special projects.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
This position is best served by an individual with an undergraduate degree in accounting, and a CPA or MBA. Other qualifications include demonstrated financial and/or accounting experience, strong computer skills especially in Excel, and excellent interpersonal skills. Attentiveness to detail and accuracy are imperative. Above-average tact and strong customer service skills are required to interact effectively with various departments. Excellent organizational skills, maturity, professionalism and confidentiality are required at all times.
- How to Apply:
- In order to be considered for this position, interested applicants must apply online at https://employment.bryant.edu/postings/2200
- Human Resources