- Habitat for Humanity
- PO Box 6743
Warwick, RI 02887
- Habitat for Humanity of West Bay & Northern RI is looking for bids for the following position to help with bookkeeping and some admin work. This would be a part time and potentially hourly position. Credit and criminal background check and nondisclosure must be signed.
Job Title: Bookkeeper/Admin
Time Commitment: Part time, may require weekends, days or evenings
Direct Supervisor: The President for Habitat West Bay & Northern RI and Treasurer
Qualifications: Thorough knowledge of QuickBooks, knowledge of nonprofit organizations and operations, knowledge of construction and mortgage lender escrow and taxes. 10 or more years of bookkeeping experience, Bachelor Degree preferred. Must be able to work independently and from home or your office.
• Coordinate with Secretary for deposits and bills to be paid.
• Pay quarterly and annual Habitat International fees
• Manage H.O insurance, sewer/fire and property taxes to be paid for all mortgage escrows.
• At the end of the month, update QuickBooks online to enter all checks and deposits for the other co-treasure so they can do the financials.
• Reach out to the construction crew to receive any receipts for the American Express card charges.
• Attend board meetings and present financials if Treasurer is unable to attend.
• Assist Treasure with escrow analysis for year-end sending to all homeowners.
• During a new home construction, you might have to reach out to the electric company to open an account under Habitats name, and then pay these bills as they come in.
• Transfer funds between accounts as necessary to cover bills being paid.
- How to Apply:
- If interested in this position please contact Amy Gates at: email@example.com.
- Amy Gates