The RI Society of CPAs has opened its scholarship application process for the year 2019 for students from Rhode Island pursuing a degree in accounting or a finance major. The student must certify they are from RI. All applications must be received by mail at the RI Society of CPAs on or before January 25, 2019.
Carl W. Christiansen Scholarship
- Applicant may attend any accredited college or university.
- The late Carl W. Christiansen, CPA established a scholarship fund in 1974.
- The purpose of this fund was to assist students who hope to join the public accounting profession, by granting scholarships to help defray the cost of a college education.
Cheryl A. Ruggiero Scholarship
- Open to female applicants who may be attending any accredited college or university.
- A scholarship fund was established in 2005 for the late Cheryl A. Ruggiero, CPA.
- The purpose of this fund is to assist female accounting students who hope to join the public accounting profession, by granting scholarships to help defray the cost of a college education.
KLR/Brian A. Altomari Memorial Fund Scholarship
- Applicant must be attending a RI university or college.
- A scholarship grant was established in 2018 for the KLR/Brian A. Altomari Memorial Fund.
- The scholarship, which is dispensed through the RI Foundation, is intended for a student attending or planning to enroll in an accredited college or university in Rhode Island who will be a major in accounting.
Visit Link: https://www.riscpa.org/careers/become-a-cpa
Download Document: scholarships_application_info._sheet_fall_2018_.pdf